HOW TO ACCESS BLOCKED WEBSITES?
If the website you want to access is not down but you still can’t open it, here are some quick ways to work around the blocks. Note that one or more of these methods may not work for you, if your ISP is not using DNS blocks, for example.
1) A Simple URL Change
The first thing you want to try is changing the URL to https instead of http. Doing this is easy, just follow these two steps.
1) Go to the address bar of your browser.
2) If you want to access “http://blockedwebsite123.com”, change it to “https://blockedwebsite123.com” and reload the website. This may not always work, but some users have reported that this has worked on some websites.
2) Change the DNS If the URL change doesn’t work, then you might want to try changing the domain name server to Google DNS or Open DNS. Most people have reported that this method works on BSNL for them. Here’s how you can do that on any device.
For Windows Vista, 7 or 8 users, here are the instructions
1) For Windows Vista and 7, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre. If you’re using Windows 8, hit Windows key + C > click Search on the right-hand side > type Control Panel in the search bar > select Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre.
2) Click Change adapter settings, which is on the left sidebar.
3) Right-click the Internet connection (MTNL, Airtel, BSNL, etc.) on which you’re having trouble accessing websites, and click Properties.
4) Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
5) Click the radio button next to Use the following DNS Server addresses. If you want to use Google DNS, enter 18.104.22.168 as the Preferred DNS Server and 22.214.171.124 as the Alternate DNS Server. If you want to use Open DNS, use 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 respectively. After entering these, click OK.
For Windows XP users, these are the steps.
1) Click Start > Control Panel > Network Connections.
2) Now select your specific Internet connection with access problems, right-click, then select Properties.
3) Left-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and select Properties.
4) Follow the instructions in Step 5 above.
If you are using an iOS device that’s connected to a Wi-Fi network, try this.
1) Open Settings > tap Wi-Fi > tap the Wi-Fi network the device is connected to.
2) Tap DNS and change the two values to Google DNS or Open DNS (explained in step 5 above). These two values should be separated with a comma and one space (184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11).
For Android users, these are the steps.
1) Open Settings > tap Wi-Fi.
2) Long press the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to > tap Modify Network.
3) Now tap the box next to Show advanced options. Scroll down.
4) Tap DHCP > select Static IP > scroll down and modify DNS 1 and DNS 2 (as explained in step 5 above).
On BlackBerry 10 devices, try this.
1) Settings > Network and Connections > tap Wi-Fi. Now connect to a Wi-Fi network.
2) Long-press the connection you’re connected to > tap Edit.
3) Scroll down and turn off Auto Obtain IP. After you do this, you’ll see more options, such as the IP address, DNS and gateway. Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS here (as explained in step 5 above).
Unfortunately, Windows Phone 8 doesn’t support changing DNS manually.
3) Using Proxy Trick
Some people do know that how to proxify the website, but many people does not. There are many popular proxy services available on the web. The most popular free proxy service websites are Hidester, Hidemyass, kproxy and many more. What you have to do is, just copy your site URL paste it in any proxify website then choose your proxy location and visit the site. As simple as that.
Just like these there may be many more tricks which you may use to access the blocked websites. So, it was all about how to access the blocked websites.
An article by Arshia Verma.